Recycling Services operates an integrated waste management program that has greatly reduced the amount of material our college once sent to landfill. For over twenty-five years our Facilities Grounds and Recycling department has provided a comprehensive recycling and source reduction program that processes a wide range of materials. We continue to expand our program and in recent years, our overall trash diversion rate has been over 70%.
SRJC’s Recycling Services provides regular office collection of a wide variety of recyclable materials. We stock bins, provide helpful signage, answer questions and give support to all departments at the Santa Rosa
Campus. For questions regarding our recycling program, please contact Henry Lankford, Manager of Building and Grounds at (707) 524-4231, or by email, email@example.com.
To request additional bins or signage, please submit a facilities request form.
The Santa Rosa Campus Recycling Team provides;
- Regular office and break area recycling bin service and pick-up
- Outdoor recycling bin service and pick-up
- Outdoor trash bin service and pick-up. (Indoor trash is covered by Custodial Services)
- Resale and recycling of scrap metal, paper, cardboard, wood, and beverage containers
- Composting of landscape debris, coffee grounds, and vegie waste materials our Culinary program.
- Assists with the recycling and reuse of surplus equipment and other materials
- Provides a firewood sales program to SRJC employees
- Provides recycling and trash services to special events, talks, and athletic events
- Reports to Cal Recycle each year on the success of our program
- Full support of Santa Rosa Junior College’s culture of sustainability
The Grounds Department shop and Facilities Operations offices are located in the Facilities Operations yard in the southwest section of the Santa Rosa Campus, between Sypher Baseball field and Lounibus Center.
SRJC Recycling Contacts:
Santa Rosa Campus
If you need to contact us, request services, order a bin, or report or concern, please call our Santa Rosa campus Facilities Operations office at (707) 524-4231.
Or at the,
TBA, Facilities Manager
Office Phone: (707) 778-4410
Windsor Training Center
Tim Bell, Facilities Coordinator
Office Phone: (707) 836-8220
Leonard Diggs, Manager, Shone Farm
Office Phone: 707-535-3700
Links to additional pages:
1.Helpful Recycling Tips
2.How to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
5.SRJC’s overall waste diversion program
6.Current Recycling Initiatives
7.The Annual State Report