The Grounds at Santa Rosa Junior College have long been admired as some of the most beautiful in the California community college system. This was no accident. Our college has a rich history of dedicated people who have committed themselves to preserving our native Oaks and enhancing our landscapes for the benefit of all who visit this place. The present day staff are proud to continue in this tradition and strive to preserve our Heritage trees, maintain the beauty and functionality of the campus, and help create a more inspiring learning environment each day.
The staff of Santa Rosa Junior College’s Grounds Operations provide a safe and attractive outdoor environment in support of the college’s academic mission. We are responsible for the management and maintenance of the grounds at the Santa Rosa Campus (118 acres), Petaluma Campus (40 acres), Windsor Safety Training Center (20 acres), and occasionally assist staff at Shone Farm and other college sites. Specific functions include the following;
- Installation and maintenance of campus flower beds, native plant gardens, and shrubs
- Tree maintenance and protection program
- Turf maintenance
- Maintenance and repair of parking lots, sidewalks, paths, and roads
- Sports field management; including field striping, grading, and event set-up
- Irrigation management and operations
- Pest control
- Recycling Services
- Weed abatement for fire protection
- Fencing; Repair and replacement
- Signage installation and maintenance
- Broadly support our college’s sustainability initiatives
The Grounds Department shop and Facilities Operations offices are located in the Facilities Operations yard in the southwest section of the Santa Rosa Campus, between Sypher Baseball field and Lounibus Center.
If you have a concern or need a service, please fill out a Facilities ServiceDesk ticket.
Link to ServiceDesk ticket
If your need is urgent or you need to report a hazard, in addition to the Service ticket, please call our Santa Rosa campus Facilities Operations office at (707) 524-4231.
Kate Lucas, Administrative Assistant
Office Phone: (707) 778-3917 firstname.lastname@example.org
Windsor Training Center
Tim Bell, Coordinator, Facilities Maintenance & Equipment
Office Phone (707) 836-8220 email@example.com
Commor Murphy, Manager Shone Farm
Office Phone: 707-535-3702
More information and resources: